After watching the video, submit your information for continuing education credits here.
Control of Hazardous Energy, Grainger
Please join us for the fifth webinar in Grainger’s Serious Injuries and Fatalities (SIFs) series. William Belongea, Safety Services Program Manager with Master Lock, and Mike Carroll, CSP, CSHO Field Safety Specialist with Grainger will be sharing lockout / tagout insights focused on preventing and mitigating serious injuries and fatalities (SIFs).
Machine and equipment energy sources – electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, chemical, thermal, or other – can be hazardous to workers. During the servicing and maintenance of machines and equipment, the unexpected startup or release of stored energy can result in serious injury or death to workers. Injuries may include but are not limited to electrocution, burns, crushing, cutting, lacerating, amputations, or compound fractures.
At the conclusion of this Webinar, you will have a better understanding of:
- The relationship between OSHA’s control of hazardous energy (lockout/tagout), electrical, and machine guarding standards
- Workers who service and maintain equipment routinely and face the greatest risk of injury
- Causes of lockout/tagout incidents
- Critical controls that are needed to reduce serious injury and fatality potential
- Grainger’s solution to help keep your people safe and healthy